Giving Back With Each Purchase
When I started Sage & Sara in 2020, I wanted to make more than thoughtfully-designed, personalized candles. I wanted to help support other families who experience the death of a child or someone they love. I know firsthand it can feel really isolating and challenging to navigate loss and grief, but we are not alone.
There is support out there for those grieving the loss of a loved one. Nonprofits, willing to hold our hands through our losses, before and after they happen.
However, these nonprofits also need our help.
And that’s where our candles come in. For every purchase made at our shop, a portion of our profits is donated to those serving grieving families with support groups and counseling, financial assistance, memorial services, research and more.
Since our founding, we have contributed close to $10,000 in monetary donations to nonprofits nationwide including:
- Forever Footprints in Tustin, CA
- St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, CA
- Gathering Hope in Aledo, TX
- No Foot Too Small in Iowa
- Abel Speaks in Dallas, TX
- Hope Mommies in Kennewick, WA
- On Angels Wings in Springfield, Missouri
- Full Circle Grief Center in Richmond, Virginia
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep in Colorado
- Evermore Blooms in North Dakota
- Cradling Memories in Alabama
- The Tears Foundation in Massachusetts
- Walk With Me in Colorado
- Noelle's Light in New Jersey
- Ronald McDonald House Charities CNY
- Luella's Lodge in Illinois
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Adalyn Rose Foundation in Virginia
- Weighted Angels in Virginia
- Emma's Footprints in Erie, PA
- Gloves for Grief in OC, CA
- Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU